maanantai 16. heinäkuuta 2012

A Coward's Night Out

Saateteksti: Koska tämä on vähän samalla tavalla sekä englanniksi että tiukahkossa riimimuotissa, olkoon tämä samaa sarjaa edellisen runoni kanssa. Luulen, että rytmi on tällä kertaa hieman intuitiivisempi. En ole täysin tyytyväinen, mutta harvoinpa olen muutenkaan.

Kiitos impostorille yhdestä riimisanasta!


---

I saw you the other day,
you were on your merry way.
I kept my hands at bay
as you passed me by an inch.

The sun was setting behind the roofs
of buildings, which I perused
with a keen eye on the reflecting, smooth
mirror of their steel.

I was thinking, if I'd see you again,
would I find the courage then
to get over this predicament
and just kiss you on the mouth.

As I was staring to the space
trying to find the mental place
to look straight at your face
and ask you only this:

"What would be like the euphoria
that would fill the criteria
to form with you the Shakespearean
beast with two backs?

Let us dance in synchrony,
our voices form a cacophony,
our bodies ache in agony
of lust yet unfulfilled.

I would be wild, then get tame,
moaning to your ear your name
as would come the end of the game
of two lovers lost in time."

This was as far as I got
when I felt my face turn hot
as I had hoped, but expected not
to see you here again.

I smiled, gave a nod polite,
my courage washed up in blight.
I let out a heavy sigh
as I never said a word.

1 kommentti:

  1. Glee ^^
    Ronskahti välissä, mut ajatus ja toteutus on aivan loistavia.

    VastaaPoista

Go on... I dare you.